Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Free Hugs



(Refering to 'Free Hugs' video above)

I think everyone can always use a hug. How can a hug not be vaulable to someone. A hug really has the ability to change someones day. It could have the potential to totally turn around someone's day. A hug is something you definitly cannot have too much of. The Free Hugs video I have below is well, i think it is somewhat touching.
I mean, i suppose the guy is a little wierd, but hey, free hugs. It's not like he's ccrazy i dont think. I like to think of it as giving out love. I believe that is really what it is. Giving... someone somekind of affection, even if it is a complete stranger. To me whats nice about a hug is the simple but often overlooked human element about our lives. That the people we know andwork with have feeling and emotions too. I'm not trying to say that we should all be like the guy in the video below and give out 'free hugs' while holding up a tacky looking sign that reads 'free hugs'. I'm just saying that you shoul always try to take just a little timeout of each day to make someone you know feel special. Just a piece of your time that you spend to make them feel loved.

In this age of social disconnectivity and lack of human contact, the effect of a free hug is huge. Try it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUGS are the BEST!!! For some reason, a simple hug can make you feel so much better. (Hugs are even better when the person you're getting one...or two...or three... from is given by a person you love or know very well). I think that the feeling you get when you are hugged is caused by the hug sending a message to your brain that let's you know you are being "loved" :) and that's what we all want isn't it, to be loved? So, I guess you can say that I agree with Sean, that hugs are a simple way to give out love. Remember, "love is something if you give it away, you end up having more". One aspect about hugs that I love is that it isn't just a one-way gift; when you give a hug, you gain a hug back. It's a win-win situation. I also think that hugs are able to generate a feeling inside of you that causes you to SMILE! I think that smiles are contagious, so when you give a hug, you are also passing around a smile, and that smile will eventually get passed on to someone else, who will pass it on to another person. So, hugging is the start of a chain of smiles (YAY FOR SMILING!!!).

Also, in response to the video, I think it is just GREAT how every person hugs differently! Some people hug by jumping into another person's arms, while others hug with a tight squeeze and a shake-shake from side to side. Personally, I prefer the tight squeeze.

By the way, for anyone who cares to know, I'd sign a petition for free hugs! Besides, how can you make hugs not free?!?! Non-free hugs doesn't make any sense in my mind. YAY FOR HUGS!

Erin said...

While watching this video from the start I was like hrmm... that's interesting. But as the video went on I thought wow, this guy loves openly and that is something very special. I am very sure that all of the people that he hugged throughout the making of this video was very happy after they hugged this man. But when the "free hugs" were banned I thought that was very strange because I would not think that anyone would be bothered by this man because he seems harmless. He did not even do anything wrong. It was not like he was threatening anybody right? What is wrong with giving someone a hug? This man was taking time out of his life to make people happy, and I think that that is awsome.